Duration: 4 hours
Conflict is a natural part of any business and interpersonal relationships. Delegates attending this course will learn how to manage themselves when they are in conflict and how to stay focused on the business needs and outcomes. Additionally, delegates will discover techniques to manage emotional responses from others and how to refocus efforts.
Working with real-life examples from the delegates, we explore how different approaches would have helped them get better results.
- listening is vital to resolving conflict
- paying attention to all perspectives in the conflict
- different people have different emotional triggers and being sensitive to that
- staying focused on the business needs / outcomes
- understanding how body language can help defuse situations
- how your tone of voice should change depending on the communication channel
- how to be assertive without appearing aggressive