Peer-to-Peer and upwards Feedback
Duration: 4 hours
In this course, we give you the tools and techniques to easily give feedback to your peers and those in more senior positions in a professional and supportive manner.
We work with your real-life examples to help you to understand how to navigate what can sometimes be a difficult conversation. You’ll learn how to manage your emotions and also how to look at what you need to feedback from different perspectives to ensure clear and appropriate communication.
- exploring the benefits of a feedback culture
- focusing on what’s next and not revisiting issues again and again
- preparing feedback sessions so the focus is development for the future and not looking back
- how to adapt simple changes in language to get better outcomes from feedback
- that asking questions helps to get a full picture and therefore better communication
- how retrospectives (fast review) focused on objectives and people or roles can drive change
- understanding what holds us back emotionally from giving feedback
- using ‘business voice’ to avoid giving feedback personally
- how to give feedback to different personality types
- clear understanding that feedback needs to be clear, business focused, direct and given with kindness