Duration: 4 hours
In this course, we give you the tools and techniques to easily give feedback to your peers and those in more senior positions in a professional and supportive manner.
We work with real-life examples to help you to understand how to navigate what can sometimes be a difficult conversation. You’ll learn how to manage your emotions and also how to look at what you need to feedback from different perspectives to ensure clear and appropriate communication.
- Exploring the benefits of a feedback culture
- Focusing on what’s next and not revisiting issues again and again
- Preparing feedback sessions so the focus is on development for the future and not looking back
- How to adapt simple changes in language to achieve better outcomes from peer to peer feedback
- That asking questions helps to get a full picture and results in better communication
- How retrospectives (fast reviews) focused on objectives and people or roles can drive change
- Understanding what holds us back emotionally from giving feedback
- Using ‘business voice’ to avoid giving feedback personally
- Giving feedback to different personality types
- Understanding that feedback needs to be clear, business focused, direct and given with kindness