Present Like A Pro
Duration: 2 sessions, 4 hours each
This course develops delegates presentation and public speaking skills.
In the first session we explore presentation structure, use of materials and resources as well as presenting data.
In the second session, we explore the psychological barriers to presenting well and help delegates overcome anxieties. We guide and develop authenticity in delegates’ presentation styles.
During both sessions, delegates will present while being recorded. After each presentation the delegates receive verbal feedback. At the end of Day 1 the videos are sent to the delegates to guide them for their Day 2 presentations. Videos are only sent to specific delegates and not the whole group.
“I believe that one of the best learning approaches is to make learning practical and fun- Luke and Kelly are experts in the field.
During the Presentation and Public Speaking Skills workshop, we were encouraged to step outside our comfort zone and the results were amazing. The comparison between the first presentation and the last presentation, which were recorded, shows exactly what one can achieve with good coaching and advice.
I highly recommend this workshop to anyone looking to up their game in presenting and speaking publicly!” Natasha Fenech – Head of Software Development at GiG
Presentation and Public Speaking Skills Learning outcomes:
- How to structure a presentation to tell a relevant story
- Stripping back text and PowerPoint content to only the essentials
- How to use images rather than text
- Presenting data that’s easy for the audience to understand
- How to get a complex message across simply
- Using tools for better presentations: cue cards, colours, the stage
- How tone of voice and pace is important
- Knowing your audience to pitch content at the right level
- How to present to senior management to keep them engaged
- Proven techniques to overcome nerves/anxiety about presenting or public speaking